Chlorella is unicellular green alga which grows in fresh waters. These green algae are 2.5 billion years old and they are one of the oldest forms of life on Earth. Today chlorella is well-known superfood or supplement with a lot of health benefits. Chlorella is one of the few algae which are eatable.
It’s very good source of proteins, especially chlorella powder where almost 45% are proteins. This fact makes chlorella super food for vegetarians, sportsmen, and for people who are prone to obesity. It contains amino acids, manganese, iron, all B group vitamins, vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene. Also, chlorella is rich in dietary fibers. These green algae are the fastest growing plants on Earth and they are the most powerful source of pure chlorophyll. Structurally chlorophyll is very similar to hemoglobin, the only difference is the manganese atom instead of the iron atom.
Heavy metal detox with chlorella
Some Russian survey confirms the health benefits of these green algae and their efficiency for heavy metal detox. So, people who have amalgam fillings in the mouth or people who are exposed to toxic heavy metals should take chlorella for the elimination of the toxic heavy metal from their body. Most people have heavy metals in their body from the environment or the food and this condition may lead to some forms of dementia or Alzheimer’s. Elimination of the heavy metals from the human body is a very difficult process. But, luckily for us here is chlorella, which is really helpful for heavy metal detox, as a result of the chlorella composition. To be more specific, these green algae contain unique phytonutrients that bind with the toxins and helps for their elimination from our body.
How to use it?
Chlorella is available in shape of tablets or powder. Recommended dosage of chlorella is 1 to 5gr daily or one teaspoon. You can consume it with water, juice or other beverage half an hour before the meal.
When you start to consume chlorella you may feel some side effects from the detox. A side effect usually includes symptoms as gasses, diarrhea or nausea. Because of this, you should start your detox with small doses and gradually increase the dosage. Detox symptoms are a proof that heavy metal detox started. Don’t be upset, symptoms will be gone after a few days.
You should try the following chlorella detox smoothies:
- Green smoothie: one apple, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon chlorella and ice cubes.
- Red smoothie: 125 mL tomato juice, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon chlorella, few chili peppers and ice cubes.
- Other health benefits of chlorella
- Obtaining the optimum level of oxygen in the blood,
- Make alkalinity in your body (neutralization of the acidity),
- Strengthening the immune system,
- Reducing the high blood pressure,
- It’s natural deodorant – it can reduce the unpleasant smell from our body,
- Make hormonal balance,
- Reliefs the PMS and menopause symptoms,
- Good for weight loss because it contains high-quality proteins and dietary fibers which make us satiety,
- Speeds up the metabolism,
- Reduces chronic tiredness
- Heals ulcers,
- Reduce LDL cholesterol,
- Keep the optimal sugar level in the blood,
- Prevents cardiovascular disease, and
- Reduces allergic reactions and asthma attacks.
Chlorella is a great supplement in the diet for pregnant women and nursing mothers. Especially is good for strengthening and improving the immune system for the children. You should avoid Chlorella if you take some medication for blood clots.