The pimples (acne) are not just a problem for teenagers and around 80% of people are faced with them at some point in their lives. Although some lucky people easily get rid of them, millions of people around the world are still trying to find an appropriate product that will help them to be proud of their skin again.
Pimples or Acne usually occurs on the face, neck and upper back. Besides the scars on the face, they can cause psychological consequences such as loss of self-esteem, embarrassment or social phobia.
Their appearance can be a result of different reasons and therefore, the most difficult stage in the fight against them is determining the real causes. Because the hormones play a major role in their creation, teenagers are the most affected group.
Besides hormones, acne can be a result of increased secretion of sebum, bacteria, certain drug (lithium), excessive cosmetics usage and some medical conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome. If your mom has had acne, it’s very likely that you will also face this problem, because pimples are hereditary. Hormonal changes as a result of pregnancy, menstrual cycle, taking a contraceptive pill increase the chances for their appearance in women.
Unfortunately, for many people, pimples aren’t a current problem that goes away with adolescence. In some cases, pimples can occur in people in their 40’s.
So what to do to help yourself against acne?
The aim of skin care of the skin prone to acne is to heal existing acne, avoid the creation of new one and prevent the appearance of scars and blemishes. To achieve this and to restore impeccable skin, you need to practice the following tips on a daily basis:
- Wash your skin twice a day. Washing removes excess oil from your face and dead cells. But if you wash it too often, it can cause irritation and excessive sebum secretion, which is the main ally of the acne.
- Use appropriate skin cosmetic products. Troubled skin needs proper care, so you must use anti-acne skin products. Choose products which contain salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.
- Don’t squeeze them. Usually, no one respect this rule, but squeezing leads to a formation of scars that are difficult to disappear, and the can spread bacteria.
- Steam your face. In a bowl with hot water, add a few drops of tea tree oil. Then cover your head with a towel and stand with your face over the pot 5-10 minutes. You can also put chamomile tea. The steam will open the skin pores. Then put just a small amount of tea tree oil on the acne. Steam your face once a week.
- Never go to bed with makeup. Sleeping with makeup clog the skin pores. Every night before you go to the bed remove your makeup properly and thoroughly. Use makeup only when you really need it and always choose natural organic cosmetic.
- Drink water. It will help you to clean your body from the toxins and to get rid of pimples. Don’t forget the 8 glasses of water every day.
- Enrich your diet with food rich in vitamin A, C, and E. All food rich in these vitamins contributes to good skin.
- Take a shower immediately after exercise. The sweat can trap dirt and bacteria in the pores of the skin which can be a cause for pimples.
- Towels and pillowcases must be clean, so wash them more often. Bacteria on the towels and pillowcases can aggravate the problem with the acne. Change the pillowcase every 2 days.
- Keep your hair away from your face. If you have oily hair, wash it every day and avoid contact of your hair with your face. Tie your hair more often.
- Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes. Acne on the chest, neck and the back are usually caused from tight clothes. Choose wider clothes made from cotton which allows the skin to breathe freely.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Although the sun’s rays can instantly improve the skin condition, they bring only short-term results. Sometime after sun exposure acne becomes a bigger problem than they were before. Some people avoid sun creams because they can cause acne. The truth is that some creams really aggravate the problem with acne, so you should find a suitable product against acne.