Every woman wants beautiful and healthy hair, clean skin and shiny and strong nails. Modern and fast life sometimes doesn’t give us time to care about our beauty. Also, the food which we are regularly consuming may be poor in essential nutrients. All this mentioned has bad influence for your overall beauty. But you can make a progress with the next following tips.
Do you want to have beautiful nails?
- Wear medical gloves when you cleaning up the dishes by hand. Your nails are sensitive during the long time contact with water. When you wash dishes by hands, they absorb water and swell. Then after you are done with washing, they get dry and the swelling calms down. This process leads to nails splitting. Gloves will protect them not only from the water but also from the chemical ingredients in the dish soap.
- Put some oil on them. Oil protects the nails from the water. You can use olive oil, coconut oil or some other oil because they all make nourishing.
- Don’t bite them. When your nail breaks don’t bite it because that weakens your nail. So put into your bag a nail file and take with you everywhere you go. You can repair your nail cracks immediately.
- Use a nail polish. No matter what kind of nails you have you should paint them because nail varnish gives additional protective coat. If you don’t like the color you can use clear nail polish. Use oily nail polish without acetone for removal and don’t forget to put some oil (tip number 2).
- Take vitamins and minerals. Vitamin A and magnesium are especially important for healthy, shiny and strong nails. The best way is to take them naturally from the food. So, spinach, pumpkin seeds, yogurt or kefir, almonds, avocado, figs, and banana are the best choice for magnesium rich foods. Dark chocolate is also very good choice thanks to the high concentration of cocoa. By the way, do you know that only one square of dark chocolate contains 94 milligrams of magnesium which is 24% of daily recommended dose? Vitamin A rich foods are carrots, kale, sweet potato, spinach, apricots, broccoli, almonds, and eggs. Conclusion: eat spinach on a regular basis because it contains vitamin A and magnesium.
Try with homemade nails treatments
You can make some of the following homemade treatments and use them as a mask for cracked or thin nails. These homemade treatments are also good for their growth.
Make treatment with iodine and salt. In one tablespoon of salt put few drops of iodine and mix well. Rub your nails with the mixture every day. If you want to strengthen them make this treatment 3 times a day.
Use honey and lemon for thin nails. Mix a little honey and lemon juice and scrub your nails gentle. Leave the mixture for half an hour, and then wash your hands.
Ground red pepper mask. If you want to do this mask make it before you go to sleep. Mix one teaspoon ground red pepper with a few tablespoons of water and put the mixture on your nails. Then put medical gloves and keep the mask overnight for best results.
Cocoa butter and coconut oil. Mix one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of cocoa butter and one tablespoon of coconut oil. Massage your hands with the mixture and leave the mask overnight.
Lemon juice. Squeeze one lemon into a bowl, and soak the hands in the lemon juice for about 5-10 minutes.