If you are vegan for years you surely know that many traditional recipes can be prepared as vegan / plant-based meals. To be a vegan and cook vegan meals you need to know a lot of vegan tips and tricks.
With this 11 vegan tips and tricks, your plant-based recipes will be even better than the traditional meals.
So, let we found how milk, butter, and eggs can be replaced in your traditional meals.
1. You want to make vegan pancakes and you need buttermilk?
Well, make your own vegan buttermilk by adding vinegar to any non-dairy milk. This recipe for almond milk may help you to make it at home.
2. If you decide to make almond milk, don’t throw the pulp! Just dry it out and use it as almond flour.
3. Milk is not necessary.
You can substitute dairy milk with plenty of milk alternatives. Vegan revolution stated years ago and now you can choose from almond milk, hazelnut milk, oat milk, coconut milk, soy milk rice milk. As you can see there are plenty of milk alternatives.
4.You can replace eggs while baking.
Yes, it is possible with ground chia seed. To replace one egg you will need a tablespoon of chia seed and three tablespoons of water. Combine and place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes. Use as you would an egg in all your favorite baking recipes.
5. If you don’t have chia seed, choose some of these tips to replace an egg:
- Blend 1- 2 minutes a tablespoon flaxseed + 3-4 tablespoons water,
- ½ banana mashed,
- Combine 2 tablespoon arrowroot and 3 tablespoons water,
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter,
- Mix a tablespoon soy protein powder and 3 tablespoons water,
- Combine 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water,
- ¼ cup applesauce,
- Mix tablespoon baking powder, 2 tablespoons water, and tablespoon oil,
- Combine 3 tablespoons chickpea flour and 3 tablespoons water.
6. Do you need whipped cream?
Just refrigerate coconut milk overnight and whisk on high speed!
7. If you’re out of Vegenaise but have chickpeas can in your fridge, don’t despair. This vegan mayonnaise is prepared in less than 2 minutes.
8. Your favorite traditional recipes for soups or stews are prepared with chicken broth. Well, you can still use poultry seasoning to make a no-chicken broth.
9.Vegan heavy cream can be prepared with a food processor and cashews. This is why you should always have cashews around.
10. You can bake with mashed avocado instead of butter. If you don’t have avocado you can also use coconut oil to substitute butter.
11. Every vegan must have Nutritional yeast at home.
But do you know what nutritional yeast is? You can use nutritional yeast flakes in a variety of ways to achieve cheese flavorings. Here is a recipe for vegan mac and cheese prepared with nutritional yeast or a recipe for homemade vegan cashew cheese.
With these vegan tips and tricks, you will simplify your life and you will save bucks.