Have you ever consider raw plant based diet? Well, take these 10 advantages into consideration.
10 Advantages of eating raw plant based foods
- Raw foods are better quality. This means that you eat less to satisfy your nutritional needs. The heat of cooking depletes vitamins C and B, damages proteins and fats, and destroys enzymes which benefit digestion. As your percentage of raw foods increases you feel satisfied and have more energy on smaller meals. This is because raw food has the best balance of water, nutrients, and fiber to meet your body’s needs.
- Raw foods have more flavor than cooked foods. Because of this there is no need to add salt, sugar, spices, or other condiments that can irritate your digestion system or over stimulate your nervous system.
- Raw foods take very little preparation. Well, you will spend less time in the kitchen. Even a child of 5 or 6 can prepare most items for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This gives children a sense of self-esteem and independence, not to mention the break it gives Mom or Dad.
- When you eat raw there’s little chance of burns, unless you’re in the middle of a forest fire or out in the sun too long. Just imagine! No burns to your fingers, tongue, the roof of your mouth, and also many fewer house fires.
- Cleaning up after a raw meal is a snap. No baked-on oils or crusty messes. And any inedible parts go directly to the compost pile.
- It can reverse or stop the advance of many chronic diseases, like heart disease and cancer. Remember, cooking may produce free radicals, which are the major cause of cancer. When you lower the number of free radicals you lower your risk of cancer.
- A raw food diet can protect you from acute diseases such as colds, flu, measles, etc. Raw foods maintain a healthy body with better defenses to prevent the intrusion of disease.
- Heartburn, gas, indigestion, and constipation can become things of the past. As long as you combine properly, you will soon reach a level where you no longer suffer from heartburn, gas, indigestion or constipation.
It is good for environment and save money
- Eating raw is good for the environment. With humanity on a diet of raw foods, the food industry would close up shop and take up organic gardening. This would save us enormous amounts of natural resources used to produce power for these industries. Nuclear power would be clearly unnecessary. And think of how many trees and oil reserves could be saved without the need for the paper and plastics used in packaging our processed foods. There would also be less pollutants released into the atmosphere when all the cooking stopped and more oxygen produced from all the new orchards and gardens, thus helping to slow global warming.
- Eating raw saves you money. Yes, you will save money for food, vitamins, pots and pans, appliances, doctor bills, drugs, and health insurance. So don’t waste your food, yourself, and our planet by cooking what you eat. Fruits, nuts, and vegetables which are whole, fresh and raw are brimming with life and have the ability to transmit their life force directly to you.